St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church was initially established by Swedish quarrymen and their wives in 1890 when they left their homeland to find a better way. They brought with them their families, ideals and their faith. On October 25, 1890 the decision was made to organize a congregation named Gustavus Adolphus Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church. The church was built on South Main Street which is now Somers Road. The men of the church, who worked in the quarries, used their stone cutting skill and laid the foundation themselves. As time passed, our congregation became more diverse. Services were held in English instead of Swedish and the name of the church was changed to St. Paul's. In 1954, a church expansion study began, property was purchased on Elm Street and construction was completed in 1961. In the year 2003, we began an expansion project, completed in 2006, which added a chapel, church offices, and additional Sunday Church School classrooms and meeting rooms.